Books I Wish I Own Now: January 2018

22055262I have a lot of books that I own that are unread, but it does not mean that I have to stop buying or adding more to the piles. You see, a book nerd (I am not sure if this is the correct terminology to use) like me---just love books; whether they are read or unread. So this month, I have an "almost long list" of books that I wish I own. I discovered most of these books from the lists of the most favorite books in 2017 of the bloggers I followed recently. I was so curious and excited to unravel the pages of these books when I listened on how good these books are in so many different elements.

The first book in the list is the "The Darker Shade of Magic by Victoria Schwab". I've been hearing a lot of rants of how epic this book is-- not just the book but the entire darker shade of magic series also. The only reason why I still don't have these books is that I cannot afford them. I still feel that it will be really unfair for me to buy a brand new paperback copy of a book that cost around 900 php (almost 20 dollars). This price already cost a good quality hard bound copy on most other books. The darker shade of magic series hard bound copy cost around 1300-1500 php (30 dollars), at this amount, I can already buy a total of three brand new paper backs on the other titles.

68428The second book in the list is "Vicious by Victoria Schwab". Yes, you heard it, another book from Schwab. I have only read one book from her, but it was enough to convince me that I adore her writing style. I have read her This Savage Song, the first book of her Monsters of Verity duology (read the book review here) and it was really good. I already have a copy of the second book Our Dark Duet and I am about to read it before this month ends. Now, going back to Vicious, this book have been recommend by a lot of bloggers that I follow --enough reason for me to check it out. The only reason that I still don't have a copy of this book, is because it is not yet available here in my country. I already requested a copy from the local bookstore, but I still don't have an update from them since the first week of January.

The next book in the list is "Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson". I have been hearing a lot of people going crazy on how good this author is. So I decided to check out his crafts, and most recommendations told me to start with his epic Mistborn series. I already have the first book of his reckoners series, Steelheart and I already added it on my to be read pile and hopefully I will be able to read it before this month ends. I also have a copy of one of his stand alone novel Warbreaker which I luckily bought for only 50 php last week from a local bookstore. I am very excited to experience the writing style of Mr. Sanderson and discover his Cosemere universe. I really want to start it by reading Mistborn but I still don't have a copy because the bookstores here ran out of stock. Worse comes to worst, I will start reading either the Warbreaker or the Steelheart while waiting for the Mistborn.

32075671
The last book in my list this month is "The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas". This book is running the world by storm as of this moment. It won a lot of awards last year as one of the best young adult contemporary novels. One of these awards is the Goodreads Choice 2017 Award for best contemporary for young adults. The author then even confirmed a movie adaptation of this book to be released around the last quarter of next year. This book has been very consistent also as one of the best books the bloggers I followed read last year. I am not a big fan of contemporary novels as much as I am a fan of science fiction and fantasy novels, but this book, just hearing it from everybody is more than enough for me to read it before the movie hits the theaters next year. This book is already available as a hard bound copy on all the bookstores here in my place. I touched this book several time and made several attempts to almost buy it but never did, because I prioritize buying the other books (fantasy of course).

Want to read book reviews? Click here. 

No comments: