Book Review: Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor

“The dream chooses the dreamer, not the other way around” 

OVERALL RATING: 9.8/10
            STORY: 9.3/10
            CHARACTERS: 9.9/10
            THE FEELS: 9.9/10
            ENTERTAINMENT: 9.2/ 10
PLOT: 9.6/10

The dream chooses the dreamer, not the other way around—and Lazlo Strange, war orphan and junior librarian, has always feared that his dream chose poorly. Since he was five years old he’s been obsessed with the mythic lost city of Weep, but it would take someone bolder than he to cross half the world in search of it. Then a stunning opportunity presents itself, in the person of a hero called the Godslayer and a band of legendary warriors, and he has to seize his chance or lose his dream forever.
What happened in Weep two hundred years ago to cut it off from the rest of the world? What exactly did the Godslayer slay that went by the name of god? And what is the mysterious problem he now seeks help in solving?
The answers await in Weep, but so do more mysteries—including the blue-skinned goddess who appears in Lazlo’s dreams. How did he dream her before he knew she existed? And if all the gods are dead, why does she seem so real?

Reading Progress:
January 5, 2018 – Finished Reading
January 4, 2018 –
page 322
 60.07% "This book just keeps on getting better. I am blown away and still in cloud nine. I am enjoying and definitely hyping this book. It really hit my mark and I am so connected to the world this book presented --- I am so attached to the characters this book made, that I cannot stop reading. This is definitely a five-star read."
January 4, 2018 –
page 267
 49.81% "I am really enjoying this book so far. This book blew my mind and everything about it is perfect. All the elements of this book exceeded my expectations and I know there is still a lot of wonders this book stored for me on the next pages. I can't wait to discover and experience them."
January 3, 2018 –
page 94
January 2, 2018 –
page 17
 3.17% "I am so happy that I finally have a copy of this book. I have been hearing a lot of praises of how epic this book is. My hopes are high and I definitely need a good read that can save me from the torture I got after reading They Both Die at the End by Adam Silvera.
This book is so hyped-- let us see if it will live up to the expectations."
January 2, 2018 – Started Reading
December 18, 2017 – Shelved
REVIEW:
This book is one of the best books that I have read in my entire life! You have to read this book. Laini Taylor blew me away! The book filled my soul, warmed my heart and healed all the broken pieces inside me. I do not actually have words to say how incredible this book is. I just finish reading it a couple of minutes ago, and I am still--- speechless but at the same time my soul is jumping and screaming of how epic this book is. This book deserves the hypes and praises I have heard.
tenor.gif
This is the first book that I have read from the author and it made me a fan of her. I will definitely buy and read her other books because I really like her writing style. She wrote the book with a skill that is so descriptive but intelligently directed that I felt I am really reading a magical masterpiece. There is something in her writing style that really hit the mark and blew me inside the world and imprisoned me there with all the emotions and twists.

The characters were epic! I really praised Laini Taylor for making such good characters! Definitely a genius writer--- with characters so memorable and diverse, they felt real and alive. The characters were well made that all connected to me-- the book was written in such a magnificent way that I really felt and empathize to the life of the characters. My favorite character was Eril-Fain and Minya (you need to read the book in order for you to know why), I really connected to them that, reading the book and feeling what they felt in the story crushed my heart.

The plot was amazing. It was very creative and entertaining. The story was full of twists and it really blew me away. From the start till the end I was moved and caught inside the world of magic that I can't stop talking about it to my family, friends and office mates. I was hooked and was really entertained on the creative and mind blowing unfolding of the stories.

Everything about this book is absolutely incredible. I definitely loved the writing style of the author. I really thanked her for bringing me inside the world of Weep and let me experienced it's magic. I cannot wait to read the second book! The ending of this book left me broken and speechless. There's a lot of questions that I want answered as soon as possible. Will definitely rant and recommend this to everyone. 

Want to read more book reviews? Click here. 

No comments: