Book Review: Furthermore by Tahereh Mafi

“Love, it turned out, could both hurt and heal.” 

OVERALL RATING: 8.8/10
            STORY: 8/10
            CHARACTERS: 9.5/10
            THE FEELS: 9.8/10
            ENTERTAINMENT: 10/ 10
PLOT: 6.1/10

Alice Alexis Queensmeadow 12 rates three things most important: Mother, who wouldn’t miss her; magic and color, which seem to elude her; and Father, who always loved her. Father disappeared from Ferenwood with only a ruler, almost three years ago. But she will have to travel through the mythical, dangerous land of Furthermore, where down can be up, paper is alive, and left can be both right and very, very wrong. Her only companion is Oliver whose own magic is based in lies and deceit. Alice must first find herself—and hold fast to the magic of love in the face of loss.

Reading Progress:

January 1, 2018 – Finished Reading
December 31, 2017 –
page 252

 60.58% "This book starts to disappoint me. It is now dragging as of this moment and I don't enjoy it that much like how I used to at the start.
The characters are still interesting and the world is still amazing-- I just find the plot a little bit week and boring."
December 31, 2017 –
page 252

 60.58% "This book starts to disappoint me. It is now dragging as of this moment and I don't enjoy it that much like how I used to at the start.
The characters are still interesting and the world is still amazing-- I just find the plot a little bit week and boring."
December 29, 2017 –
page 110

 26.44% "I am really enjoying this book. I really love the characters so far. The world building needs improvement but the good job for the creativity of the author.
This book made me laugh several times. So far so good."
December 28, 2017 –
page 31

 7.45%
December 28, 2017 – Started Reading
December 25, 2017 – Shelved

Review:
This book was really fun to read. It gave me things to enjoy and thoughts to laugh on. This book lighted my recent dark days. With magic, adventure and a little bit of action, this book is definitely a fun ride. Mafi made a a creative magical world (some elements of Alice in the Wonderland). The story speaks to much of the importance of why we need to build relationship to all people that matters.


The characters were true and readers can easily connect to them. Mafi made the book with a lot of characters that delivers different flavors to the story. There will be characters that you wil hate, love and admire. I really like the book in such a way that I can not stop thinking about I really felt connected emotionally to some of the characters. I felt that I have made new friends while I was reading the book. There were other characters also that needs more development but it is so minimal that it does not really affect the entire story. Over all the characters were great and very well imagined.

Some of the elements of the plot was inspired by Alice in the Wonderland. But, most of the plot like around 95% of it is unique and original. The world building was fast and smooth that it will definitely move the readers to their  imaginative space. There were parts though in the book that I felt the plot should have been explored further and executed better. The plot of was not perfect there are parts that I found lame and boring but overall it was still acceptable.

The feels that you get in this book are like a feast of feels in a five-star hotel dinner buffet on Christmas. This book will definitely make you angry, laugh (so hard at some point), cry and thrilled. This book is so entertaining that you will definitely enjoy it (no matter how old are you). This book will not bore you. It will give you a unique taste of adventure and fun.

I did not expect that I will really love this book. I just hate the fact that the plot were lame--- if it was done perfectly by the author,  I would have given this book a  five-star rating. Regardless of this flaw, the fact that I was entertained and had so much fun, I will still recommend this book to my friends and to all those readers who are looking to read a book full of emotion, adventure and magic.

Want to read more book reviews? Click here. 

No comments: