Book Review: The Inquisition (Summoner #2) by Taran Matharu

25689056

“Mason stumbled just once … they would all fall.” 

OVERALL RATING: 9.6/10
            STORY: 9.5/10
            CHARACTERS: 9.2/10
            THE FEELS: 9.2/10
            ENTERTAINMENT: 9.9/ 10
PLOT: 9.8/10
A year has passed since the Tournament.
Fletcher and Ignatius have been locked away in Pelt’s dungeons, but now they must face a trial at the hands of the Inquisition, a powerful institution controlled by those who would delight in Fletcher’s downfall.
The trial is haunted by ghosts from the past with shocking revelations about Fletcher’s origins, but he has little time to dwell on them; the graduating students of Vocans are to be sent deep into the orc jungles to complete a dangerous mission for the king and his council. If they fail, the orcish armies will rise to power beyond anything the Empire has ever seen.
With loyal friends Othello and Sylva by his side, Fletcher must battle his way to the heart of Orcdom and save Hominum from destruction…or die trying.

Review:
This book is an epic continuation to the Novice-- a child of Pokemon and Lord of the Rings!
I really loved the first book. It was so magical and amazing that I was excited to read this one.
Well, all those excitement were not put to waste and was justified. This book is beyond amazing! Again, the author blew me away.
The characters were not that strong and few new ones were introduced. They need to be polished but regardless of these imperfections they are still memorable. The characters continued to deliver strong emotions and never failed to connect to me -- even the new ones.
The world building was again magical. The author effortlessly connected to me and blew me away. I was really drawn to the world because of the writing style. The world expanded and I was really amaze of how well the story progressed since the first book. The world was just amazing that I cannot stop thinking about it for days. The book sent me to the world where I took in an adventure, battle sand many cool things. I was really entertained.
The plot was incredible. I never thought it will progress into such a highly well-made politically oriented craft. All the elements from the first book is still here but was improved. The magic system was so perfect for me. It was not forced and ambitious. The magic system really impressed me and entertained me. I badly want to be in the story because of the magic system and I cannot stop thinking of all the possible things I can do if I am really part of the world. The plot was just amazing. It progress with such adventure and action and left the readers at the edge of their seats. There were definitely no dragging and boring parts in this book. The plot twists and actions will really blow your mind.
This book just set the bar higher. Way better than the first one of the series. It delivered a lot of big and epic things that I cannot wait to read the third book. I was really entertained and impressed by this book that I highly recommend it to anyone on all ages.

Want to read more book reviews? Click here. 

No comments: