Book Review: They Both Die at the End by Adam Silvera

33385229

“But no matter what choices we make - solo or together - our finish line remains the same … No matter how we choose to live, we both die at the end.” 

OVERALL RATING: 6.3/10
            STORY: 6/10
            CHARACTERS: 5/10
            THE FEELS: 8/10
            ENTERTAINMENT: 6/ 10
PLOT: 6.4/10

On September 5, a little after midnight, Death-Cast calls Mateo Torrez and Rufus Emeterio to give them some bad news: They're going to die today. Mateo and Rufus are total strangers, but, for different reasons, they're both looking to make a new friend on their End Day. The good news: There's an app for that. It's called the Last Friend, and through it, Rufus and Mateo are about to meet up for one last great adventure and to live a lifetime in a single day.

Reading Progress:
January 2, 2018 – Finished Reading
January 2, 2018 –
page 276

 75.0% "I still don't like the characters. I am reading this on an audio book and I am about to finish this in less than a day. There are some elements of this book that I appreciate but overall I am still not impress."
January 1, 2018 –
page 111

 30.16% "I am not shipping this book so far. I mean the characters were so far weak and so unreal and the plot was too forced. I am disappointed on how the author builds the world and designed the plot. I am not convinced for now. I hope things will get better as I read further."
January 1, 2018 – Started Reading
December 8, 2017 – Shelved
Review: 
Knowing that in less than 24 hours you will die. Giving you a chance to make  use of the remaining time -- fixing the broken parts of your existence. Imagine a world where you can attend your own wake and choose the spot where you want to be buried. Imagine you have enough time to register in a social app to look for people like you--dying, talk to them about life and how to make the most of it as death knocks at your door. 

I just finished reading this book. Read it in less than a day and boy I hate it. I feel like I just wasted my time reading this book. I tried so hard and gave this book several attempts to convince me, but I am sorry--- it never did. I can actually give this book a one star rating but I will give points for giving the readers a new and interesting plot.

I don't like this book because of these reasons:

1. I hated the plot. It was so fake and unreal. It was like reading a book so damn forced. There were no creativity and a lot of elements for the book to be considered good are missing. The plot was not tasty. There were no flavors-- I mean there were but they were bland and unappetizing. I just really felt disconnected to the world this book delivered and I really tried so hard to connect but I just did not or shall we say the book failed to connect to me.

2. The story was forced that it was really lame to read. I get what Adam wants to deliver--- emotions and drama. But it really feel flat. It was like eating a pasta with only salt and a tasteless butter.  When I was reading the parts that the author wants the reader to-- let go and let it fly away, I was like, disgusted. Everything in this book is not really working for my taste.

3. The characters also failed to save this book. I did not connect to them. I really feel that they were under constructed and empty. The author made two protagonists plain and uninteresting. I was reading the book and thinking that the two characters just belong to a single body--thinking alike. They were so bad that I can surely forget them hours from now.

4. The writing style was a trash. There were parts that I was confused and man, I felt that it was a very lazy and totally no creativity writing style.

I will surely not recommend this book to my friends. I might mention this to them not because it was good but because there is nothing good about it. I was really disappointed.

*READ THIS IN EBOOK AND AUDIOBOOK

Want to read more book reviews? Click here. 

No comments: