Book Review: Love and Misadventures by Lang Leav

18003300"Do you love me?" I ask. In your hesitation I found my answer.”

OVERALL RATING: 5/10
            STORY: 3/10
            CHARACTERS: 5/10
            THE FEELS: 5/10
            ENTERTAINMENT: 3/ 10

Beautifully illustrated and thoughtfully conceived, Love and Misadventure will take you on a  rollercoaster ride through an ill-fated love affair- from the initial butterflies to the soaring heights- through to the devastating plunge. Lang Leav has an unnerving ability to see inside the hearts and minds of her readers. Her talent for translating complex emotions with astonishing simplicity has won her a cult following of devoted fans from all over the world. Lang Leav is a poet and internationally exhibiting artist. Awarded a coveted Churchill Fellowship, her work expresses the intricacies of love and loss. 

I hate this book. Nothing about this book deserves the hyped that surrounds me. This book is way to below the standards and quality of Michael Faudet or Rupi Kaur. I don't know why some people or maybe a lot of people love this.

First, this book did not really hit the mark of my standards when it comes to poetry. I did not connect to the author in such a way that I did on the other like Kaur. The crafts in the book were almost as shallow (not all but mostly), that I felt like those were written by middle-grade children (they can even do better).

Second, the words are so fake that I have not felt any creativity paraded. The words were so dry and lame that I cringe as I read from one page to the other. The pages lack soul. The poems don't have voices. Me as a reader have not felt a soul- have not heard a voice.

I was not moved. I was not impress. This book is a trash.

Want to read more book reviews? Click here. 

No comments: