BOOK REVIEW: Prodigy by Marie Lu


13414446

         SYNOPSIS: Injured and on the run, it has been seven days since June and Day barely escaped Los Angeles and the Republic with their lives. Day is believed dead having lost his own brother to an execution squad who thought they were assassinating him. June is now the Republic's most wanted traitor. Desperate for help, they turn to the Patriots - a vigilante rebel group sworn to bring down the Republic. But can they trust them or have they unwittingly become pawns in the most terrifying of political games?
      After reading the first book of the trilogy, I immediately craved for the second book Prodigy by Marie Lu. The first book was written so well that it made me want more and anticipate even more for the next book. Ms. Marie Lu's  execution of the novel was above average and definitely deserved a hype. 

             This book delivered an outstanding dystopian plot that shocked and amazed me in many different ways. It's like I was taken to a place where the characters are. Every time I close my eyes to rest them after reading an hour straight reading the book, I can see the characters and the Republic. My mind was soaring all over the place. The book was really a roller coaster ride to happiness and epicness.

            The first two chapters hooked me right away. Day and June traveled to the nest of the Patriot. The novel was so cinematic and the author portrayed it beautifully, with June on those glittery dress and Day on a soldier uniform. I was interested to read more when I reached the part where they met Razor and the two protagonists agreed a deal with him. If I were them, Ill do the same thing too.

            The story continues to blew me away with Tess and Kaede making some scenes. Plus, the additional characters such us the runners of the patriots added some flavor to the story. As the story progress further and new twists unfold the novel became impossible to put down.

            I salute Ms. Lu for engaging such a breathtaking idea of the planned assassination of the , of course before I forgot, the new mysterious character in the story, Anden; late elector's only son and heir to the throne, the Republic's new elector. The story just banged up and things got more exciting.

           I don't want to throw some spoilers in this review so if you still haven't read this book, better start reading Legend now.

          My favorite part of the book was when Day and June confronted each other under the tunnel on their way to ******, sorry I cant spill that bean. It was so dramatic. Intense, the feels was all over. I imagined how it will look in a movie soon and yeah, tsk, flawless. Perfect. Right in the heart. I mean the lines were not shallow and the author cemented and strengthen more of the characters identity and dignity. It was like the characters was for real alive. I salute the author for that.

           The book ended, flawlessly. It's like eating a nuclear bomb! Such an intelligent book. You as a reader will really appreciate the effort of the author of molding such a beautiful book, the story, the twist and all the characters. IT feels like it was planned thoroughly and technically built to blow readers mind.

         This book is not shallow. It is outstanding and it really deserves the hype or deserve more hype than what it is getting now. Seriously this book is crazy good.

OVERALL RATING: 10 /10
            STORY: 9/10
            CHARACTERS: 9/10
            THE FEELS: 10/ 10
            ENTERTAINMENT: 8/ 10
PLOT: 9/ 10  



No comments: