BOOK REVIEW: BLACK OUT by DAN WELLS

17332588OVERALL RATING: 7 /10
            STORY: 7/10
            CHARACTERS: 8/10
            THE FEELS: 7/ 10
            ENTERTAINMENT: 6 / 10
 
PLOT: 6/ 10
SYNOPSIS:   Laura and Alec are trained terrorists.  Jack and Aubrey are high school students.
There was no reason for them to ever meet. But now, a mysterious virus is spreading throughout America, infecting teenagers with impossible powers. And these four are about to find their lives intertwined in a complex web of deception, loyalty, and catastrophic danger—where one wrong choice could trigger an explosion that ends it all.

 This novel is like Alexandra Bracken's The Darkest Minds. Kid's with superpowers and weird stuffs. The plot is so mainstream but still interesting given that I am really immature. I used to dream of having super powers, I mean all of us maybe did that. I read this book because I read Mr. Wells Variant novel which blew my mind so I decided maybe this one will do what exactly what Variant did.
Sadly, it did not. Not merely near to the standards of Variant. This is a good read but not that outstanding with a very slow moving plot and weird atmosphere. The characters, well not that good even though you will notice the effort of the author of molding them. The problem with this novel I think is that it lack that wow factor and amazing ending. It's just a plain good read not bad not good also. So if you are planning to read this book well maybe don't prioritize this and look for some books better than this but I recommend this for those who look for a story with strange powers and action and has a plenty of time.

No comments: