BOOK REVIEW: GONE by MICHAEL GRANT

   
2536134SYNOPSIS: In the blink of an eye, everyone disappears. Gone. Except for the young.There are teens, but not one single adult. Just as sud
denly, there are no phones, no internet, no television. No way to get help. And no way to figure out what's happened.

Hunger threatens. Bullies rule. A sinister creature lurks. Animals are mutating. And the teens themselves are changing, developing new talents—unimaginable, dangerous, deadly powers—that grow stronger by the day. It's a terrifying new world. Sides are being chosen, a fight is shaping up. Townies against rich kids. Bullies against the weak. Powerful against powerless. And time is running out: On your birthday, you disappear just like everyone else...
Things I like about this book are:
*  This novel was really entertaining. Packed with action and awesome suspense this book was surely a page turner.
*  The building of the plot was not dragging. No dull moments.
* It is like X-men meets Star Wars. Wicked Cool.
The storytelling is straightforward and Grant's imagination is so fertile I thought I would write a letter to our President Noynoy and recommend him to solve the congestion of vehicles during rush and even not too rush hours.
*The Plot was not cheesy or shall we say lame. 
* As I read through it, an aura of darkness surrounds me. I don't know. There is always this feeling that I want to be there, in the story itself and discover what I can possibly do.
* This one is way better than The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken and Blackout by Robison Wells.
* From the start, middle till the end, this book never disappoints me. Unpredictable.
* The characters was showcased with justice. They were unforgettable. 
*It ended epicly. 

Things I dont like about this book are:
* Astrid.
*FAYZ
*Villlians
*Wolves
* I dont have the second book yet.


OVERALL RATING: 8 /10
            STORY: 8/10
            CHARACTERS: 7/10
            THE FEELS: 9/ 10
            ENTERTAINMENT: 8/ 10
PLOT: 7/ 10











No comments: