BOOK REVIEW: Fallen by Lauren Kate

6487308

       SYNOPSIS: What if the person you were meant to be with could never be yours?
 17-year-old Lucinda falls in love with a gorgeous, intelligent boy, Daniel, at her new school, the grim, foreboding Sword & Cross . . . only to find out that Daniel is a fallen angel, and that they have spent lifetimes finding and losing one another as good & evil forces plot to keep them apart.
       REVIEW: I've read  this book 5 years ago. I received a paperback copy of this during Christmas eve, it was given by my classmate as a gift.

       Miss Lauren Kate delivered us another book to compete at the mainstream appeal of genres for Young Adult that time. If I can still remember, correct me if I am wrong, the time this book was released, Twilight is dominating. So I guess, miss Kate wants to make a bold move and yeah instead of vampires she delivered fallen angels.


       Let me get straight, at the first five or six chapters, I did not like this book. Everything in it. It was like reading again Blue is for Nightmares, with the dormitory setting and bullying and etc. The first part of the book failed to hook me and made me finish the book faster.

      I think the things that made this book difficult to love are the facts that it is too mainstream. The twists are like Vampire Diary thingy. No fresh ideas. It was like a reincarnation of a bad 50 year old novel. An old novel nobody wants to hear again.

     As I progress, I kinda felt what the author aims. Actually I started to appreciate her effort of how to set the plot in a direction she aims. The first chapters of  this book are shallow but as I reached at the near end, I was hooked of how dark it is really is.

      As the story was about to end I found myself turning page after page, which is of course a good sign. Dark, gripping and intense. That ending was a big blow out! I mean it was gigantic. I think it was enough to not put or call this book bad after reading the cemetery  scene.

     The book started bad but in the end it was not bad at all. That is my final conclusion. BTW the characters were not  bad nor good, overall this book is just ok. Not good. Not that bad. But not a must read.



 
OVERALL RATING:7 /10
            STORY: 8/10
            CHARACTERS: 7/10
            THE FEELS: 8/ 10
            ENTERTAINMENT: 5/ 10
PLOT: 5/ 10




No comments: