Book Review: One Dark Throne (Three Dark Crowns #2) by Kendare Blake

29923707I hate this book so much! I did like the first book of this series and I was wishing that the story will be better the way book one ended. But, hell no. I was wrong. Instead of soring high like a falcon, the story went spiraling down like an ugly spoiled cheese in the toilet. I was shocked of how bad this book is. I did understand why the first book was so slow. I did understand the authors intention of that slow burning and agonizing read. It was done to prepare us on this so called epic things to happen on the second book. Epic what? Epic worst case scenario did! I hate this book! Why?

The characters were ok. Nothing special. But some really did get into my nerves. Not because they were the villains or something but they were these immature, self-centered and stupid brats who choose to have sex during war. Or choose to kiss the guys who cheated on them over saving lives. You get what I mean? These really for me are pathetic!

The writing style was a joke especially in the last part. I found it so hilarious like I can say that the book were almost like written by a third grader. The plots were so predictable. The plots were so forced and lame. These book was like a 90's Spanish telenovela told by your aunts added with a grain of fantasy. The fighting scenes were so funny that you can't feel a thrill but you will feel like it was comedy not action.

The story was a mess. I don't get it why people love the story! It was garbage! Nothing memorable or something that can leave a good impression! A total waste of resources like money and time. I just really hate this book. The ending was so pathetic like I can not believe that I am reading this. The writing style, weakest plot I have encountered n my life plus the cheesy and garbage story-- made me vomit all the words I have read from this book.
August 19, 2018 – Finished Reading
August 19, 2018 –
page 403
86.85% "This is almost garbage! I hate this book!"
August 19, 2018 –
page 201
43.32% "This is getting worse. Is this fantasy or a comedy? You know, everyone is dying and some characters chose to have sex. Wow! How lovely. This book is getting worse."
August 19, 2018 –
page 159
34.27%
August 18, 2018 –
page 142
30.6% "I am getting bored."
August 13, 2018 –
page 70
15.09%
August 13, 2018 – Started Reading 
I wished before reading this book that the world will become better. The plot will go big and blow us away. That the story will progress and will take us into this higher level of good dimension. After reading it, none of these wishes were granted. All were cursed and the complete opposites were given to me. I highly recommend to you guys, to avoid this book, and this series if you value your time and well-being.

Overall Rating: 6.3/10
Story: 6.1/10
Characters: 5.6/10
Entertainment: 8.0/10
Feels: 6.1/10
Overall Impact: 6.0/10


Want to read more book reviews? Click here.  

No comments: