Book Review: The Diabolic (The Diabolic #1) by S.J. Kincaid


I love this book, unexpectedly. It was quite surprising that I found this book amazing after all the bad reviews I have heard about it. I was really hesitant at first on reading this book because of the cover, the synopsis and the other amazing reading options. But I challenged myself and took risk, I read something that is not on top of my TBR pile and I was satisfied with the outcome.
This is a young adult, science fiction book that delivers thrilling, action-packed scenes and mind blowing political intrigues that will surely satisfy your ecstatic soul. This book will not disappoint you if you are looking for a fast-paced and thought provoking read. The characters were great, the world building was unique and the story itself is out of this world.
“Our ancestors sought knowledge, but we, their descendants, glorify ignorance.”
The characters in this book were a lot. I mean, in the beginning, you will surely find it very confusing to familiarize them but if you progress in the story, you will surely get a hang of it. I found the characters molded with personalities and they have portrayed their identities and philosophies all through out the book consistently. You will surely love and hate some of them. If there is one thing that I would like to compliment the author, that will be on how well she thought on making these characters. It shows in the book that they were really made with passion.
The world building was flawless. This book will take you out of this world. The world portrayed in this book is dark, cold, haunting and suspenseful. If you love to immerse yourself into these type of atmosphere I think this book is perfect for you. The book will give you a very awesome science fiction immersive experience and the inner Star Wars heart of you will absolutely be pleased. 
August 28, 2018 – Finished Reading
August 26, 2018 –
page 342
82.21% "I hope this book can be more epic!"
August 23, 2018 –
page 239
57.45% "Loving this so far!"
August 22, 2018 –
page 101
24.28%
August 21, 2018 –
page 48
11.54% "It is a struggle right now."
August 21, 2018 –
page 39
9.38%
August 21, 2018 – Started Reading
January 4, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read
January 4, 2018 – Shelved 
The story was new to me. I think it was creative and original. I love the fact on how politically inclined the plots and how unpredictable they are. I was really satisfied with how the story went and I cannot think of something bad to say about it. This is surely a surprising read for me this year and I am surely recommending this to all of you.
Overall Rating: 9.2/10 Story: 9.0/10
Characters: 9.5/10
Entertainment: 9.5/10
Feels: 9/10
Overall Impact: 9/10

Want to read more book reviews? Click here.  

No comments: