Books I Wish I Own Now #3: July 2018 (Midyear Craze)

                The last time I made a post themed like this, I was able to get almost 90% of the books part of the list weeks after.  I am currently in my reading slump timeline due to overloaded tasks in the office and other more important priorities, that the chances for me to stack my TBR list is slim. But, tomorrow is another day. We always got high hopes and so we continue wishing. These are the new book I wish I will own days, weeks or months from now.

Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng
This is the second time this book made the list. I have heard that this is a phenomenal contemporary that I am looking forward having in my hands is this beautiful and heart-warming book by Celeste Ng. I have heard a lot of wonderful reviews and praises from the book community about this book. This has been on my anticipated reads for a long time now, but I cannot still grab a copy for it is very expensive.

Renegades by Marissa Meyer
This book made the list after one of the blogger I followed made this as her best book that she has read so far this year (Midyear Book Tag). I got my eyes on this one lately, but I was a little bit hesitant picking this one up for the mix reviews I have heard. But my instinct tells me to give this one a shot. Hope it will not disappoint.

And I Darken by Kristine White
This is another young adult fantasy that I wish I have in my shelves. This is the first installment of the series and I already got the second book “Now I Rise”. Ironic that I was not yet able to purchase this one. I have heard a lot of good things about the series and the third is about to be released later this month. I need to start reading this series because I have a big feeling that I will surely enjoy it.
The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck by Mark Manson
This book interest me since January. A lot of my friends recommend this to me and I was curious why. Aside from the recommendations, I also saw one of my most favorite Survivor player reading this when she posted an update about the book in her Instagram account. Also, this book is one of the fast selling books earlier this year and I think all supports that this must be not just a hyped book but surely is a good one.
I Felt a Funeral in My Brain by Will Walton
I was recently looking for a good young adult contemporary fiction. I just want to add more contemporary on my collection so that fantasy and science fiction will no longer dominate my shelves. This book might be a good choice. I have heard a lot of good reviews about th is and I am very interested to confirm if these reviews are accurate.

The Conjuring of Light by V.E. Schwab
I can confirm that this author is overrated. I am sorry, but she is not really for me. I have invested too much on her works, from the Monster of Verity Duology to the Darker Magic Series, I was so far all disappointed. Yet, since I got the first two books of the Darker Shade of Magic series already (which by the way were both very expensive), I think I must grab the final book and just seal the deal one last time.

No comments: