Book Review: Three Dark Crowns (Three Dark Crowns, #1) by Kendare Blake

20180721_151534-01I heard mixed reactions about this book. I am aware that this book will be very slow at the start and will drag you page after page. I am also aware that the second installment of the series will blow you away (just an expectation). What I was not aware of is how this book ends. I was not ready for all the plots that came to me.

This book is dark and gripping. It has this mini GOT feels. That is why I dared to dive in to the story amidst mixed reactions. And I did not regret it.

The book introduced me into these intriguing characters that were so well made and thought of. They were oozing of personalities and will surely leave a mark in the readers mind. The characters were able to connect to me and the left a very positive impression in me after I read the book. I was hooked to the story because of them. I love how balanced the characters are and I also love how these characters were made with flaws.


“Three dark queens
Are born in a glen,
Sweet little triplets
Will never be friends

Three dark sisters
All fair to be seen,
Two to devour
And one to be Queen”
 

The world building took mostly all the first pages of the book, but I get why the author did that. For me, it was really slow at the beginning but everything was worth it in the end. I really love how the author carefully rafted the plots with the world and characters.

July 21, 2018 – Finished Reading
July 19, 2018 –
page 161
40.45% "Dragging but interesting. I wish the plot will move faster from now."
July 19, 2018 – Started Reading
January 1, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read
January 1, 2018 – Shelved
The plot twists were epic. I was not prepared for all of those unpredictable plot twists. I was left shocked and speechless after reading the last page of the book. I cursed and screamed of what really happened. It was really brilliant. The author did a really great job.
I can't wait to put my hands on the second book. I will surely recommend this book to all those who are seeking with a good read with unpredictable plots, rich characters and epic world.


OVERALL RATING: 8.4/10
STORY: 8.2/10
CHARACTERS: 8.7/10
THE FEELS: 8.4/10
ENTERTAINMENT: 7.6/ 10
PLOT: 8.5/10
Want to read more book reviews? Click here

No comments: