Books I Wish I Own Now #2: April 2018 (Birthday Wish)

20764879It is really good to have books and at the same time it is very fulfilling to buy yourself some. The happiness you feel every time you acquire fresh pages from your beloved bookstores are one of those feelings that is so divine and irreplaceable. In line with this appreciation is the fact that it is not also good in a long run spending cash on books--for the sole reason-- they are in fact really expensive, But, at the end of the day, it is just knowing what really matters--- your priorities. Most of the time, mine are books.

So my birthday is fast approaching and the millennial in me is screaming to come out of the cage and cast a wish to the magical well of the books I wish I will own as soon as possible. These are the following:

A Gathering of Shadows by V.E. Schwab
33830437I have read the Darker Shade of Magic (the first of the series) last February and I loved it. I cannot wait to get my hands on the second installment of the series but there were barriers. First, just a trivia, The Darker Shade of Magic paperback copy of mine is the most expensive paperback I ever have up to this moment. That is no different to the second one. So, you see, spending money on a paperback knowing the fact that you can purchase two or three more books for the same price is a dilemma. Second, is that there is currently no available copies of the book here in our country and I have to order it overseas, adding more to the problematic price.

Far From the Tree by Robin Ben
This book took the world by storm. If there is one book that can level with the same quality to that of The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas, this will be the only book. Published last year, this book made itself known and I am very eager to know why.

34273236
Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng
Another epic contemporary that I am looking forward to have in my hands is this beautiful and heart-warming book by Celeste Ng. I have heard a lot of wonderful reviews and praises from the book community about this book. This has been on my anticipated reads for a long time now, but I cannot still grab a copy for it is very expensive.

Start with Why by Simon Sinek
I was lately blessed in my job and it resulted for me to hunt a copy of this book. I have seen only Know you Why by the author in our local bookstore and it seems impossible to get my hands to this one. I wish I have them now, so that I can start reading it and ----grow into someone better. But, seriously, I need help. I have to read this book as soon as possible.

Want to read book reviews? Click here. 

No comments: