Book Review: See You in the Cosmos by Jack Cheng

Book with the bookmark I got from Sagada

“knowledge is better than ignorance, and it’s better to find out and embrace the truth even if that truth might not feel good.”
OVERALL RATING: 7/10
            STORY: 8/10
            CHARACTERS: 5/10
            THE FEELS: 7 10
            ENTERTAINMENT: 8.5/ 10
PLOT: 6/ 10
I got this book after we watched the movie Star Wars: The Last Jedi (which by the way was epic). I originally planned to get the book Mosquitoland that day but the moment I saw this book on the shelves, the cover blew me away. You see, I have this thing with orange and blue. These two colors really compliment each other. Anyway, aside from the cover I picked this book because the synopsis said it involves traveling, and boy I love stories that involves the main characters in an adventure.

This is a middle grade book but any age can definitely enjoy reading this. This is the first novel of the author and to be honest its quite impressive for a debut. I have mixed reactions for this book. I don't love it that much but I don't also hate it. Its like a relationship in between. 

The characters were great but I kinda love Ronnie the must. I hate Terra and Alex, I don't know. I just find their character very unrealistic. Ronnie was very honest and true. Overall the characters in the book are above average. It was not perfect but acceptable. Definitely needs improvement. The innocence of the main character was first cute but as I continue reading, I found it already annoying. I don't know. I just don't really buy the character of Alex.

The plot is not that amazing. I mean this book is not for you if you are looking to read a plot twisted and mind blowing story. This is a book that revolves around the main character and the elements that completes his life. This book will make you smile though. I love the humor in this book. Definitely entertaining.

The story was really good. It was very realistic and you can easily relate to it. I love the fact that it stayed true to essence of the story till the end.  I love the story and this must be the only reason why I will recommend this to my friends. This book have a lot of loop holes but it did not destroy the entire essence of the story. Overall, I found this book entertaining. I enjoyed reading it and definitely worth a try to read (less priority). I just think this could have been better.

Want to read more book reviews? Click here. 

No comments: