Book Review: Mistborn (Mistborn #1) by Brandon Sanderson

243272This book was amazing! The world building and the magic system were truly memorable. I was very excited to read this book after hearing so many good things about it. Boy, the hypes are real! My expectations were met! I did really enjoy reading this book.

“Men rarely see their own actions as unjustified.” 

I find the book brilliant. The author gave me a fresh and intelligent plot through a very strong and interesting magic system. This is probably one of the best fantasy book I have read so far. The book was thick/big but it was because of the world building which for me just gave justice to the number of pages it took. Some might find the world building slow and weak but for me it was perfect. The world building was captivating and smart. It started in the right pace and I couldn't ask for more.
SYNOPSIS: Once, a hero arose to save the world. A young man with a mysterious heritage courageously challenged the darkness that strangled the land.He failed.For a thousand years since, the world has been a wasteland of ash and mist ruled by the immortal emperor known as the Lord Ruler. Every revolt has failed miserably.Yet somehow, hope survives. Hope that dares to dream of ending the empire and even the Lord Ruler himself. A new kind of uprising is being planned, one built around the ultimate caper, one that depends on the cunning of a brilliant criminal mastermind and the determination of an unlikely heroine, a street urchin who must learn to master Allomancy, the power of a Mistborn.
The plot was very politically inclined. The heist system was so impressive that it caught me at the edge of my sit. For me, the plot was perfect. I rarely say this but I found myself captivated by the story and I imagined several times that I was really inside the world the author built. The plot was fast paced and was well directed. I can imagine it in the wide screen being shown to a lot of hungry minds seeking for a good dose of fantasy.
Reading Progress:
May 27, 2018 – Finished Reading
May 23, 2018 –
page 360

 54.79% "Addicting"
May 23, 2018 – Started Reading
January 1, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read
January 1, 2018 – Shelved
The characters were strong. They may not be the best asset of the book but for me they delivered well. The characters were so diverse but because of that I found some under explored. I wish that they were a little bit dug in their back story but I get it, it must have taken the book way longer. I love Sazed the most and I can definitely see myself in Vin; young, stubborn and hard-headed.

Overall, this book is magnificent. I was so drawn to the story and the world. This definitely gave me one of the best fantasy meal ever. I highly recommend this to all readers hungry for a read full of magic, heist and action.

OVERALL RATING: 9.5/10
            STORY: 9.6/10
            CHARACTERS: 9.0/10
            THE FEELS: 9.4/10
            ENTERTAINMENT: 9.8/ 10
PLOT: 9.5/10

No comments: